Please note that these tasks are not the responsibility of any one person, but are shared by the team.
Objective of Position: To increase organizational function, infrastructure and support for staff and volunteer teams.
Basic Functions and Responsibilities: Recruit, screen, orient, and begin training of volunteers and interns. Provide ongoing support and recognition of volunteers. Set up and facilitate monthly volunteer meetings. Act as liaison between staff and volunteers for delegation of tasks, duties, and responsibilities. Supervise volunteers at events. Maintain records on all volunteers.
- Plan and coordinate formal recognition of volunteers and interns
- Organize and manage volunteer documentation and application
- Assist staff in delegation of tasks to volunteers
- Recruit volunteers through online sites, in-person fairs, and internship programs
- Schedule and facilitate monthly all-volunteer meetings and new volunteer orientations
- Assist staff and committees with creation, development, and implementation of organizational infrastructure
- Effective and compassionate communication with diverse populations
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills
- The ability to prioritize projects in a dynamic environment
- Maintain professional standard of performance, demeanor and appearance
- Excellent ability to perform duties in a timely fashion in alignment with agency policy
- Computer proficiency in Mac desired